Wednesday 18 July 2012

The Who, Roger Daltrey Given Honorary Degree

An honorary degree has been received yesterday by the lead singer of The Who band Roger Daltrey in Hendon.

Middlesex University awarded him with the degree for his contribution to Music Industry.

Daltrey individual owned so many gold and platinum selling records with The Who. He has performed in a range of television programmes, films and stage productions including CSI and The Bill.

He said: “If I had the power to give honours, the students would be getting extra honorary degrees from me.

“After having the privilege of working with them on my production of The Who's Tommy, I was amazed with their vision and creativity.

“I look forward to seeing more of their work, knowing that within the visual creative industries, the future is a bright one. For me to receive this degree is an honour indeed.”

.

No comments: