Saturday 5 February 2011

Roger Daltrey unveil cancer scare


To remove a pre-cancerous growth on one of his vocal cords,The Who's band member Roger Daltrey revealed that he had an operation in December 2009.

Shortly after finishing a 30-date tour the singer was able to know about it,"My voice wasn't behaving in the normal way," Daltrey told CBS Los Angeles. "It was becoming hard work to sing. I just got lucky that somebody put me in touch with Steven Zeitels [Director of the Mass General Voice Center in Massachusetts]."

He added: "He told me that he didn't like what he saw. He took off what he could from the problem area on my vocal cord. He said it wasn't cancer but it was a pre-cancerous growth and you have to keep an eye on it."

Following the operation Daltrey reveals that he was well enough to perform with The Who at the Super Bowl,but he since very beginning struggling with the recovery process.

No comments: